Dry Stone Walling
Experienced tutors teach this brilliant heritage craft at WiCAT
The class is aimed at beginners to learn the brilliant and historic craft of dry stone walling. You will learn to build in the local style using local stone on our real dry stone wall at the Endeavour Centre - a countryside craft in town!
On the course you will learn how to:
• Identify 5 different types (size and shape) of stone used in a dry stone wall.
• How to sort the stone and and where they all go.
• Build the wall up course by course, selecting the right stone for the right place.
• Identify and use hand tools and the equipment we need
• Cutting and dressing stone by hand - and much more!
Health and safety precautions for this course will be explained and followed. Safety boots must be worn for walling. If you haven't got your own we have some available to borrow - just let us know in advance what size you need. We also have safety goggles and gloves if you need to borrow those.